At Moulsham Infant School we strive to provide a high-quality music education that engages and inspires pupils to develop a love of music and their talent as musicians, and so increase their self-confidence, creativity and sense of achievement.
The national curriculum for music aims to ensure that all pupils:
- perform, listen to, review and evaluate music across a range of historical periods, genres, styles and traditions.
- learn to sing and to use their voices, to create and compose music on their own and with others, have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument.
- understand and explore how music is created, produced and communicated, including through the inter-related dimensions: pitch, duration, dynamics, tempo, timbre, texture, structure and appropriate musical notations.
At Moulsham Infant School we see music as integral to a child’s development.
Music can enable children to;
- Listen and hear in new ways that exercises aural discrimination,
- train their brain for higher forms of thinking, permanently wiring young minds for enhanced performance
- develop physical coordination and rhythm
- develop a vehicle of expression for life!
Take a look at music across our school:
Year 1 and Year 2 Music lessons