The Governing body sets the strategic framework for the school in partnership with the Headteacher. This includes setting the overall objectives and monitoring progress. The governing body works with the Headteacher who is responsible for the day-to-day running of the school, including the management of the staff.
Governors work with the Headteacher to:
- decide staffing levels.
- encourage good relations with parents and the local community.
- decide how the school should spend its budget.
- maintain and improve the school buildings.
- review and approve school policies.
- ensure high standards of achievement.
- Monitor safeguarding arrangements and Health & Safety.
If you wish to contact the Governing Body please address correspondence to the Chair of Governors via the main school office: firstname.lastname@example.org