By the end of Year 1 your child should be able to:
Talk about the following elements of Special things in nature:
- The natural world around them.
- How we can look after the world around us.
- How Christians believe the world began.
Talk about the following elements of Special people:
- What makes me special
- Which people/pets are special to me
- How we make people feel special at birthdays and at other times.
Talk about the following elements of Special objects and things:
- What ‘special’ things I have in my home.
- Why they are special to me and how I treat them.
- What animals we resemble.
- What a symbol is.
By the end of Year 2 your child should be able to:
Discuss the following elements of Special ways of living:
- What the ‘special’ times/events in my day/week/year are.
- How I care for others.
- What I can do to help make the world a better place.
Discuss the following elements of Special places:
- What makes our home special.
- Where my favourite place in my home is.
- What makes our school/town/village special.
- What special places have I visited and why they are special.
Discuss the following elements of Special words and stories:
- What our special books and stories are.
- What our favourite nursery rhymes, poems and songs are.
- What our first words were.